All seven Regional Executives of the ULMWP Provisional Government, representing the seven customary regions of West Papua, have declared their support for the ULMWP gaining full membership of the Melanesian Spearhead Group (MSG).
This follows the declaration of political support made by the ULMWP’s Executive, Legislative and Judicative Councils for ULMWP full membership made on 4 June 2023 in Port Numbay, West Papua. ULMWP President Benny Wenda separately announced his support for MSG full membership, stating that “our agenda is now totally focused on consolidating support for full membership”. The entirety of the West Papuan liberation movement stands united behind the shared goal of MSG full membership.
The seven customary regions of West Papua, and the Executives representing them are as follows:
- Mamta/Tabi Region – Mr. Beny Yantewo
- Saireri Region – Mr. Edison Kendi
- Domberay Region – Mr. Markus Yenu
- Anim-Ha Region – Mr. Mathias Tambai
- Lapago Region – Mr. Herman Kossay
- Bomberay Region – Mr. Erik Fimbay
- Meepago Region – Mr. Habel Nawipa
The full media release can be found here.